Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail not activated

Having recently changed landline provider from BT to Virgin I set up my phone to activate Voicemail 1571 - but have only just found out that Voicemail is not kicking in and therefore no facility for caller to leave message.  The phone will continually ring until caller terminates the call.

I have gone back into 1571 to reset this facility but I do not want to personalise my greeting and there does not appear to be any other option to set Voicemail up.

I have tried to contact Virgin but I am continually kept on hold.

Fay

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail not activated

Same problem used to be working but now has stopped working. I dialled 1571 and get the normal stuff but when incoming call is  not answered it just ends call no voicemail.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I only recently switched from BT to Virgin and I don’t think Virgin voicemail has ever been activated. . 
Now wondering if I did the right thing switching landline provider. 

Fay

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Fay (@nephrititi)

Welcome back to our Community - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your voicemail since joining us. I have checked your account and I can see that this feature was not added when you joined us. 

I have no requested this for you and this should be activated on your account within the next 24 hours. Just call 1571 after around midday tomorrow. 

Please do pop back and let us know anytime after midday tomorrow and we can check again for you if needed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Sappermajor

Thanks for popping back - sorry that you've also had issues with your voicemail. I have located your account and can see that there was an issue with the Voicemail and diverts so I have requested for these to be amended and added again to your line. 

Again, this should be active within 24 hours. if you're still having issues after midday tomorrow then pop back and let us know and we'll take a look at what the delay is. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Kate for your response and for looking into this for me.

I am unsure what you mean when you say "this feature was not added when I joined" - I was under the impression this was a "free of charge" facility that I had the option of setting up myself by dialling 1571 and going through the set up options - which I did several weeks ago.

I will check tomorrow to see if this facility has been activated.

Regards

Fay

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Fay - when looking at your account it was not listed as a feature and I couldn't see that it had been removed so I assumed that it was never added. 

The request is in progress now so fingers crossed should be all working for you tomorrow - keep me posted and we can check again if needed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks look forward to this.

Nick

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Katie, Voicemail up and running.

Regards

Fay

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Nephrititi, 

thanks for updating us, I am really glad Katie managed to get your voicemail up and running for you 🙂

If you need any further help in future, please create a new post and we will be happy to help once again!

I hope you have a lovely weekend. 

Thanks,

Megan_L