cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail disabled

Charles_Street
Joining in

Hi, I'm a new user of Virgin media. (Fitted Monday 4th July) I kept my existing phone number and the Virgin engineer set up my landline via my new router.  The landline works fine, however when I came to set up voicemail, I keep getting a message "It looks like you have a problem, your mailbox is disabled - please ring 150"  Well I've rung 150 - 3 times now, and no seems able to sort out the problem. I've re-booted the router (twice) Any help appreciated.

Charles.

P.S.

Is this level of service par for the course with Virgin? 

27 REPLIES 27

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Charles_Street,

Thank you for joining us! Welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the issues with your landline voicemail, have you following the steps on 'How to set up your voicemail' ?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi I can not access my new voicemail to actually set it up, When I've tried to set it up, I get the message ..."There is a problem etc".  I've rung 150 three times. No one at Virgin seems able to sort it out.

Hello @Charles_Street,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Please can you try the following:

Dial 1571 to access the service. There is a short message the first time the customer uses the Voicemail service. This explains how to use the service and it will only play once.

There will be an intermittent dial tone if there is a Voicemail message available. To access the message, dial 1571 and follow the instructions. The messages will be played automatically in date and time order.

Free voicemail also lets you store messages after they have been listened to.
•The voicemail system will give voice prompts as soon as a customer has logged in as to what keys to press to manage the mailbox. If there are no messages, there will no voice prompts
•If the customer doesn't delete their messages they will be stored for three days, unless the customer re-saves them
•Up to 10 message can be saved at one time
•Unplayed messages will be stored for 18 days. After that, they will be automatically deleted.
Let me know if this helps.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley, as I stated earlier I cannot get access to my voice mail, to actually set it up when I try to set it up as a new user, the message I get is "It looks like you have a problem, your mailbox is disabled - please ring 150"

Virgin's system will not let me access voicemail to set it up.

Regards

Charles

Hello @Charles_Street,

I will send you a private message now, so I can help you further.

Please look out for a purple envelope at the top right.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

Hello @Charles_Street,

Thanks for confirming your details, I am glad we have something in place for you at the moment.

Let me know how it goes as discussed.

Have a lovely day.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. My error just the same "It looks like you have a problem, your mailbox is disabled - please ring 150". Every one I speak say we fix it in 24 hours but it always still the same. Even rebooting hub many time. It go on for many weeks now, getting fed up wasting time! Did you get it fixed somehow? Thanks.

Hi Jon. No, it's still not working, I was told that Virgin were going to re-instate my voicemail as a new set up, it still doesn't work. I need it operational as I'm waiting on hospital appointments. Perhaps someone will read this and "get their finger out"

Regards

Charles 

Hi Haley, as of 10:06am 9 July 2022 Voicemail still none operational. Get the same message as stated earlier.

Charles_Street