cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail on landline not active

blairbushnell
Joining in

The Virgin Media voicemail on my landline appears to have deactivated. It has been working for many years without any issues. I dialled 1571 today and it told me I was using it for the first time and asked me to set it up. I have selected to use my name for a message. I then tried calling it from my mobile. It did not divert to voicemail after 10 rings. Also if I call from my mobile when the landline is busy it gives me the busy tone rather than diverting to voicemail. I have called in on 150 and they tell me I need an engineer to call out because there is an issue with the line, and have booked me an appointment. Everything I have read suggests this is something that needs to be fixed at Virgin Media’s end rather than an issue with the line. Can you please advise how this issue can be fixed? Do I need an engineer?

3 REPLIES 3

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi blairbushnell,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your Landline/Voicemail service. 

I have been able to locate your account via our side. Can you confirm other than the Landline/Voicemail services are you having with any other services?

Are you able to make calls normally on your Landline?

^Martin

Hi Martin

All other services are working fine. There are no issues on the landline. I can make and receive calls without any issues.

Thank you for that confirmation for me. I would like to look into this further for you. 

What I will do is private message you to pass some data protection and confirm some details. 

^Martin