cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoIP second line

Felim_Doyle
Fibre optic

We currently have two landlines one of which has historically been with BT. Our VM line was converted to VoIP a few months ago and I was wondering if it is possible to port the BT number to VM and connect it to the second socket on the SuperHub 3.

Apart from the mechanics of doing so I am also interested in knowing what financial savings could be made by having both lines with VM.

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Felim_Doyle 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

You can have a second landline set up with your number ported over. There is information on this here. It would be best to speak to our retentions team to arrange this on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from your existing Virgin phone and options 1-4-1. They can then arrange for you to keep your existing number.

In regards to the financial benefits of this, this is something the team can work out for you too.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Felim_Doyle 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

You can have a second landline set up with your number ported over. There is information on this here. It would be best to speak to our retentions team to arrange this on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from your existing Virgin phone and options 1-4-1. They can then arrange for you to keep your existing number.

In regards to the financial benefits of this, this is something the team can work out for you too.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Felim_Doyle wrote:

We currently have two landlines one of which has historically been with BT. Our VM line was converted to VoIP a few months ago and I was wondering if it is possible to port the BT number to VM and connect it to the second socket on the SuperHub 3.

Apart from the mechanics of doing so I am also interested in knowing what financial savings could be made by having both lines with VM.

I'll be honest with you. You won't make any savings. VM will charge you full price for both lines. I still have two incoming lines & also wanted to save money, so I went with a true VoIP provider (Vonage) for my second line. Their adaptor plugs into one of the Ethernet sockets & allows me to use a standard phone & port my number. The added advantage is that if I change provider I don't have to port again. What is more I can plug the adaptor into ANY hub & make calls from anywhere. You can also use your landline on your mobile using the Vonage app. No rental charge, just a call package. Been with them for 2 years now (Premium Unlimited plan saves me around £15 a month), no issues whatsoever.

https://www.vonageforhome.co.uk/ 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks