Menu
howieleem
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin will not release my landline to Sky.

I have signed up with Sky for tv, broadband, landline instead of Virgin. Virgin are now saying they will not release my landline number to Sky. The number is my ltd company telephone number so need to retain it.

My Ofcom complaint reference for this is 01105763.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin will not release my landline to Sky.

so you were breaking the T&C by using a residential number for a business?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
howieleem
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Send me the lines in the T&C that state this.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#servi...

G. Using the services

1. You are responsible for the way the equipment and services are used. You must not do any of the following acts or allow anyone else to do the following acts in relation to the equipment and/or services:

1. send a message or communication that is offensive, abusive, defamatory (damages someone's reputation), obscene, menacing or illegal;

2. cause annoyance, nuisance, inconvenience or needless worry to, or infringe the rights of, any other person;

3. perform any illegal activities;

4. break, or circumvent, (or attempt to do so), the security of  our network, equipment, content, hardware or software;

5. deliberately receive, use, own, post, make available, transmit or publish, offensive, harmful and/or illegal material (including images of child abuse);

6. upload, download, post, publish, make available or transmit any information, content,  material or software that is protected by copyright or other ownership rights of another person (or company) without the permission of its owner;

7. copy, distribute, make available, attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse-engineer, modify, sub-license, or use for any other purposes any software or equipment we provide except:

i) as set out in Section W in respect of open source software; and

ii) that you may make a back-up copy of the software we provide for your personal use; or

8. use any of the services in a manner not consistent with reasonable residential domestic use;

9. use any Internet Protocol (IP) address that we have not assigned to you. Put simply, you may not use the services to harm the service of another internet user or impersonate another user, whether on our network or external to our network.  You acknowledge that we may change your Internet Protocol (IP) address from time to time without giving you notice as part of managing our network and providing services to our customers;

10. use the services in a way that:

i) risks degradation of services to other customers;

ii) puts our network at risk;

iii) is not in keeping with that reasonably expected of a residential customer; and/or

iv) breaks the law or infringes the rights of any other person.

11. The following acts are also not permitted:

i) copying or recording all or any part of the services except as may be permitted by law (and if this kind of copying becomes illegal in the future you must stop doing it);

ii) re-selling, or making any charge for watching or using, all or any part of the services; and/or

iii) showing all or any part of the services to the public even where no admission fee is charged.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
howieleem
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think this is what you are looking for.

Screenshot_20210125-225532_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

 I work from home, and my usage is less than could be reasonably expected from a residential customer.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

but you have just said the number is a business number for your limited company. That's not residental

0 Kudos
howieleem
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

From the T&C -

"or example whilst a reasonable amount of working from home is expected, your usage should be within what would be reasonably expected from a residential customer and we have no liability for any business losses you may suffer."

My usage is less than could be reasonably expected from a residential customer.

If you cannot provide assistance regarding the release of my landline to a new provider, as i requested, i suggest you could please refrain from replying. 

0 Kudos
howieleem
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please stop wasting my time.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you said, "The number is my ltd company telephone number so need to retain it."

Therefore it's a business number. Far from personal use. Ofcom will any court and ofcom will laugh you out the room.

Good luck

0 Kudos