Menu
aaadam
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin vs my 22 year old landline (not ported in): Elderly Mum is in pain!

Hi

i talked to Chris on 13/11/20 about virgin media package including phone and porting in my number that we had for more than 22 years. She could not process the order on 13th and called me back on 16th Monday where we finalised the order. Through out the phone calls, i was particular and continued to repeat myself to port in my number from sky, i can recall requesting her to repeat my number again to make sure she noted that. on 17th  I called Sky to inform them i was switching to virgin and asked for two weeks cross over period which ended on 1st of Dec. On 01/12/20 my phone was offline and after attempts at calling virgin from 10am to 4pm (long waiting hours, dropped calls, clueless staff), i was told the number was not ported in. I was sick to my stomach worried about my elderly mum who has no other way of communicating apart from this one number she remembers well and contacted through from her own siblings. I am still furious and absolutely angry this happened. Marj told me to attempt to call sky and ask the number to be activated again, i did that and number was back on for few hours and i managed to call virgin again on to port in the number. The line went did the next day. All through this process, I had no idea i was allocated new number and the emails from virgin did not have this info.

I have been on the phone with virgin from Monday to Thursday, every day and everyone offers different solution, no supervisor would speak to me. In fact supervisors were inquiring with the agents over the phone as why they were taking long talking to me (i was informed over the phone).

On Wednesay, I managed to talk to Caroline (lovely person) who worked magic and after keying in necessary info and codes and apparently costing extra £25, my old number should have been reconnected within 48 hours (Friday). That did not happen and it is Saturday 05/12/20 today

Service checking my equipments through virginmedia login, it still says there are problems with my phone. 

Monthly charges and the package was never an issue to me, it was all about the NUMBER. the agent Chris was more concerned about signing me up rather than LISTENING and understanding my requirement as customer. I still trusted her to carry out the simple request i had. 

As a doctor who also takes care of his elderly mum, I did not need her to be in more pain.

Spare me your apologies and "NUMBER needs to be active in order to be ported" messages, coz Virgin had 14 days to port that number in from sky. 

Adam

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin vs my 22 year old landline (not ported in): Elderly Mum is in pain!

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to have a look at it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi aaadam, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry the number has not been ported and sorry for any issues it is causing for all concerned.  Can I ask if the number is originally owned by BT?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
aaadam
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee

The provider was sky prior to virgin but I believe the number belongs to BT.

It's been a week now and despite talking to virgin media on almost daily basis including today and attempts by your team to help,my issue is not solved yet.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, did the team put through a port request for you? If so this can take up to 14 days to go through.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
aaadam
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The order was placed on 13th Nov over the phone and completed on 16th. Both times I specified the need to port my number and confirmed it with Chris (Kris). 

Sky disconnected the line as per agreement with me on 1st Dec and I thought the 14 days notice (I was told porting taking up to 8 days) was good enough. Called repeatedly and found out it was not ported in and was given a new number to my surprise. Caroline on Wednesday said she changed codes and ordered my number again and would take upto 48 hrs. My ex number is still not connectable and not ported in yet.

Logging online into my virgin media, it indicates there is issue with my phone line and advises me to call up virgin media. 

My account no is 053865009 and I hope all the details of those conversations are available especially Caroline's oone.

Thanks Emily

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please do not post your account details on the public forum.

If the line it was on previously is no longer active it may not be possible to go through successfully although we can try for you.

I'll pop you over a private message so we can put through another request, the requests do always take 14 days to complete though.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos