cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin scammed me into a call package i'm told i can't remove

Gisborne
Tuning in

My contract is less than 3 months old in our new house. when I took it out I was told we could ADD ON a calls package for £5 a month, I said can I cancel this without any charges.

18 REPLIES 18

Yes....That happened to me very similar but were nicer on the phone, where I received an email saying "We have now changed your TV package as you have asked us to do"  but I never changed any of our packages but they new I would phone and query it and that's exactly what l done,  then they came up with the trump card saying Oh! I see you are on the top paying package without movies (or similar to that) then told I could get a cheaper package with more channels, including Movies of course i'm not gonna say NO so now they got you in a new 12/18 month contract where when it ends I will be told that all packages are going up now, where if l stayed on my old contract there was no end date

Looking at the first address of the email sent and the address of the new contract that was sent me both addresses were exactly the same, so I knew they had planned to get me to take up a contract

Hi @CaptKenn thanks for your post here, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised about your experience.

With most packages, there will be a discount period which will expire once the contract term has ended.

However, once this has happened we would advise please calling us again on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we can get things resolved for you and look to agree a new package.

Many thanks

Tom_W

That's all very well thank you but why did they email me in the first place saying " Thank you, we have now downgraded your package as you have asked for, only to say when I phoned "Sorry we have no recognition of this email" but I could see both emails came from the same dept

Hi @CaptKenn thanks for your reply. 

It is unclear unfortunately with this, can you advise on the change of the package - do you have a record of what package it was changed from and to?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Sry Tom.....too long ago now but l won't be caught out another time...but thank you for your help, nice to know there's someone out there willing to help

Hi @CaptKenn thanks for your reply - no problem at all.

If you do need any further help in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out here!
Many thanks

Tom_W

The contract mentions 3 month discount on the phone line.

Thanks for coming back to us Gisborne,

Are you able to send us a image of your contract where it states you will receive the phone line discount for 3 months?

I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you so we can investigate this matter further.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for the private message, Gisborne,

I'm happy that I've resolved the issue for you regarding your package.

If you have any further queries, please post back through this channel and we'll assist you as much as we can.

Kind regards Jodi.