Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin or BT Telephone?

Hello all,

I am asking on here on behalf of my grandmother, she currently has a TiVO box and a home phone service from Virgin Media. In looking at hopefully lowering her bill, we were discussing about packages and I said she had unlimited home calls, but she replies with I cancelled Virgin phone a while ago? So what I'm asking is if there is a way to see if she has an active BT/Openreach line as she has her phone connected to an extension socket in the hallway (at least it looks exactly like an extension, not an Openreach or Virgin branded socket) and looking round the house I can't find an Openreach master socket or a Virgin master socket (but she doesn't have a virgin coax socket anyway just a cable going into a small metal box then a cable going to the TiVO) and on Sky's broadband checker it says they've found an active telephone line there.

Thank you 😄

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin or BT Telephone?

Dial 150, if you get through to virgin it's their line

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin or BT Telephone?

Thanks, do you know if there is any way to see if there is an active BT/Openreach line at an address as Sky comes up with there is an active phone line at this address when on their checker, but I can’t seem to find a BT/Openreach socket?

0 Kudos