Menu
Fedup2020
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Virgin landline

Cancelled virgin dec 2019. Still getting bills for landline which when I ring my old virgin number get rings on calling phone but not on land phone.My land phone is connected to a BT number which works as it should.Had to change to BT as virgin would not allow me to keep their number.So some fault between Virgin and my home phone,repeated calls have failed to sort out,was disconnection administed correctly?.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin landline

Thank you for the post Fedup2020 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you have already received a final bill from ourselves and returned all relevant equipment to us? If so, the account should be closed down following this.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Fedup2020
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Closed account in Dec 19 sent kit back still getting bills for landline only although phone line was disconnected in January 20. If you ring my old virgin number hear rings on calling phone but not at my house,I have rung that number on my mobile when sitting next to home phone rings on mobile but not on home, will be getting new virgin bill this month with additional charge for no direct debit etc.

Was on to virgin yesterday on my BT line disconnected after hanging on for twenty minutes HELP.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back Fedup2020. If you're still receiving bills from us then something is amiss. I'm going to send you a Private Message sso I can grab some details from you to take a look and see what's happening.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Fedup2020
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Can you give details of latest position please

0 Kudos
Fedup2020
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Telephone landline

After being unable to use my landline,cancelled  Dec 19 but not disconnected till June 20 and paying bills of £300 plus for not getting incoming calls I have finally got  the line closed just like broadband and television which were correctly closed in Dec 19 now being told my latest bill is a credit balance of £2.38 looks like I need Ombudsman assistance.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Telephone landline

I've merged your two threads. It really isn't helpful to post on the same issue in different thread. Makes keeping track a nightmare and makes resolution slower. If you go to arbitration (CISAS) for VM no one here will comment as you'll put the matter out of VM's hands. Up to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fedup2020,

I am sorry you are not happy as you believe the phone should of gone off in December 2019, if you have already raised an official complaint and are not happy with how this was dealt with then you are within your rights to take this to a 3rd party adjudicator, if you haven't raised a complaint then you can view our complaints code of practice here .

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Fedup2020
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Raised complaint number COM 103907648 but Sunderland cancelledas the we’re unable to contact me on my disconnected Virgin phone,see previous notes and letter from complaints dept dated 09/03/2020

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Fedup2020,

This complaint number appears to be related to the other post that, Lisa has resolved yesterday. Just confirming if this is correct?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos