Menu
BeauBlock
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin landline ringtones

Hi Folks. I have two questions which you may be able to help with.

1. Since returning to the Virgin Media fold, my landline dial tone has changed from continuous to short tones. Why is this and can I get my old tone back?

2. A number I phoned today is ringing with a long-short ringtone. They are not answering. Why is this - that is, what does that long-short ringtone mean and why don't they answer?

Any advice gratefully received.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin landline ringtones

Hi @BeauBlock,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you so much for your first post, we really appreciate it!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing different dial tones when calling.

I would advise making sure that all the connections are plugged in securely on your landline connection first to see if this was the cause of the issue.

Secondly, depending on your set up, please unplug you landline from the socket and after a moment, plug your landline back in. 

If your landline is connected to your Hub, please reboot the Hub and then check if your landline tones are any different. 

Are you experiencing any issues with calling or receiving calls on your landline? I managed to locate your account and I from what I can see, there are no noticeable issues with your landline connection.

Please keep me updated.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin landline ringtones

1) The interrupted type dial tone is usually a warning that you have a new Voicemail message waiting.

2) Ringtones are generated at the receiving end by the provider of the party you are calling, so are nothing to do with Virgin.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos