Menu
Lightening67
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin disputing my compensation claim

There was a fault on my landline from 18.10.20 to when it was finally fixed on 10.12.20.  It was discovered there was a fault with Virgin’s Dax system.  I had no landline for 52 days.   On 1.12.20 I got an email from The Virgin Media team stating “We think holding up our hands when things go wrong is just as important as getting things right in the first place.  That’s why you’ll see a credit on your next bill to make up for this. THE CREDIT YOU GET WILL BE £8 PER DAY, FOR EVERY DAYS DELAY THAT WAS OUR FAULT starting two full days after you reported it to us”.   Have just seen my latest bill and shocked to see I’ve been credited just £8.   Have just spoken to customer services after waiting on phone for 25 minutes explained the situation and she got back to me with an offer of just £20 compensation an increase of £12. I have refused this as, by my reckoning, 50 days at £8 per day is £400.   I was told that a manager called Ann would be ringing me back within the next 24 to 48 hours.   We shall see.  I am massively disappointed with Virgin.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin disputing my compensation claim

Have you raised a formal complaint and got a COMXXXXXX number?  If not, that's the way to go, not because VM will handle it any better, but because you have to do that before you can escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.

If you have already got a COM number, then you can involve CISAS if it is eight weeks since the number was issued, or by responding to VM's proposed/lack of settlement and asking for an immediate deadlock letter. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lightening67,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Our system automatically calculates if you are eligible for compensation and adds it to your next bill. The £8 per day is only applicable for total loss, so if the issue was intermittent you would not be eligible.

However we can chat further about this within a PM so we can deal with your complaint and escalate it if need be like Andruser mentioned 🙂

Speak soon. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Lightening67
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm I was CONTINUOUSLY without a landline for 52 days.   I believe I am entitled to £8 per day compensation as stated in your email to me dated 1/12/20.   I am still waiting for a phone call from one of your managers to discuss this.  Someone from Virgin called me on my mobile at 5.24 pm yesterday but it went to voicemail before I could get to the phone.  Can someone please call me now. I am waiting at home.  Thank you 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Lightening67 wrote:

I can confirm I was CONTINUOUSLY without a landline for 52 days.   I believe I am entitled to £8 per day compensation as stated in your email to me dated 1/12/20.   I am still waiting for a phone call from one of your managers to discuss this.  Someone from Virgin called me on my mobile at 5.24 pm yesterday but it went to voicemail before I could get to the phone.  Can someone please call me now. I am waiting at home.  Thank you 

posting here is not  direct line to VM - staff pick up posts as shown above but the likelihood of someone seeing your post in a short time is remote so dont hold your breath

add to that - afaik - agents on the board cannot call you - they can and will take it to pm and hopefully resolve things that way

Tony
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lightening67,

I have sent you a PM asking for more information, can you please check the purple envelope and reply to my questions please? 

Also, we are completely digital agents here on the forums so we won't be able to ring you, I can try to help as much as possible over a PM though.

Please reply to my PM so we can get started.

Thanks,

Megan_L