cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin call about switchover or scam?

JudeGr
Joining in

Are VirginMedia calling account holders about the fibre switchover? We’ve had a phone call - I suspect it’s a scam but they said they’d call back ‘when the account holder is available’. 
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JudeGr 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We can assure you that this will have been a genuine call. Information about our new ultrafast Fibre landline service can be found here

If you have any queries about this, please don't hesitate to pop back to us.

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

arrgee1991
Problem sorter

Probably not a scam.  I just received email concerning my switchover.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JudeGr 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We can assure you that this will have been a genuine call. Information about our new ultrafast Fibre landline service can be found here

If you have any queries about this, please don't hesitate to pop back to us.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

We've had the email about switching over and also had a call from a very aggressive rep who kept saying that I needed to arrange a date for the equipment to be delivered.  As we are not at home during the working week, do we have to be present or if it is just an adaptor, can this not be posted?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Does your existing hub (present on the Hub 3 or above) have a telephone socket on the back?

Hi @kazerp, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about what's happened 😔

Have you received a text or e-mail asking you to order an adapter? If you have, simply click "Ready to switch", or reply to the text with "Confirm".

If you could also answer the question asked by @goslow, that'd be much appreciated.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi

No, my hub does not have a telephone socket, just ethernet ports.

The email asks me to ring to arrange delivery of a new hub.  I can arrange to work from home but need to be confident that it will arrive on that day.

Thanks

Hi @kazerp, thank you for your response.

Once the delivery has been scheduled, we'll be able to provide you with a definitive date. 

How much notice would you need in order to arrange to work from home?

Regards,
Daniel

Hi

If it's at the end of the week, then by the beginning of the week. Ideally no less than 2-3 days notice

Thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you @kazerp  we would should be able to arrange delivery within this time frame. 

If you have any issue arranging this with the team please do let us know and we'd be happy to help via the forums.