Menu
DavidT
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin, Total Waste of my time (and money)

After my first post a number of weeks ago " Nine weeks without a phone" here we are many weeks later and numerous visits and tests we are still in the same position, no home phone. Get the feeling that Virgin don't really care (despite the fact I have been with them for nearly 30 years) so have to accept defeat.  They cannot resolve the problem, not even their best engineers and technicians so we will have to bite the bullet and move to BT.

Good Luck all you Virgin people and hope if you get a problem you don't suffer like us

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin, Total Waste of my time (and money)

There was a similar post to this a few months ago. Sadly, VM's ability to resolve these kinds of situations effectively, and in a timely fashion, does seem to be woefully poor. From that earlier thread, here is a suggested course of action

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Complaint-landline/m-p/4418383#M139716

Read all the T&Cs of the compensation scheme and also keep a good record of all dates/times of comm's with VM and their failures to resolve.

You first need to log a complaint with VM if you have not done so already

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/make-a-complaint

after 8 weeks, or upon receiving a deadlock letter from VM, you can go to CISAS if unresolved

In the meantime, wait for one of the VM forum team to respond and see if they can assist. Whilst your case, and the one linked above, illustrate how badly VM can get it wrong, there are also examples on here of the VM forum team rescuing situations and taking ownership of issues to eventually resolve them.

Hope you are able to make some progress with it.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DavidT,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, could you tell me more about what is occurring with your landline please?
Some of the questions we usually ask are - 
•    Is there a dial tone? What do you hear when you pick up the receiver? (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
•    Can you make/receive calls from Virgin Media landlines, what about non Virgin Media lines (non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers)
•    Is it a particular number you can’t receive? If yes, what provider are they with? What times and dates have they tried to call?
•    Are you plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
•    Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?
•    Have you recently ported over to us? If so, what date?
I also have some links here that help with general landline issues, have a look - 
No Dial Tone
Incoming/Outgoing Calls
Please come back to me with your answers 🙂
Thanks,
Megan_L

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think it would be best to read the OP's earlier topic.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/9-weeks-without-a-home-phone/m-p/4526001

It seems a bit more involved than the basics above!

0 Kudos
DavidT
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan.

WE have a dialing tone and dial out but whenever anyone calls they get the Virgin answerphone.

Between us and the engineers we have plugged in 5 different phone.

It works off the HUB (installed by Virgin to try and solve the problem but did not.

Been with Virgin at this address for over 19 years

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos