cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Phone

VenTriiiX
Tuning in

Hi, just making a post here as I am after using the live chat service to see if I could order a virgin media home phone as I was offered one when my package was installed (I didn't really need one then so didn't take it but now I would use it frequently if I had it) but now despite being offered it on my installation date I've been told I am not able to get one because its not included and that I have to buy a my own landline phone..

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi VenTriiiX,

Thanks for posting, we don't provide phone handsets, this would be something you would have to purchase yourself. 

Can you confirm how you were offered this?

Alex_Rm

VenTriiiX
Tuning in

I don't have emails or anything but it was on my installation date, after installing the hub 5 with gigabit broadband and tv services the engineer said to me i also get unlimited UK calls with my bundle, ultimate volt and that he had a phone there in the van he could install if i wanted it or thought i would need one which i told him at the time i wouldn't get much use of it so he told me if i changed my mind to get in touch with Virgin Media and it could be installed.

Thanks for the reply @VenTriiiX on the forums. 👋🏼

Do you have a little adapter attached to the back of the hub? Was it the adapter the engineer was offering?
Only reason we ask is because we don't actually sell or have stock of home phones, it would be an end user purchase the equipment.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

VenTriiiX
Tuning in

no, no adapters just cables there's only a cat6 ethernet, cat5e ethernet, broadband cable and power.. just to clarify the engineer never showed me the phone he was talking about.. is it possible it would have been a generic landline handset he was offering to install as opposed to a VM one? that would explain this a little 

Sure @VenTriiiX we can assist and provide the adapter.

I'll send a private message to further assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @VenTriiiX on the forums. 😇

I'm glad we have been able to assist and get an adapter sent out.
As advised, it may take up to 5 working days for this to come through.

Reach out to us for any other queries and we'll assist, let us know how it goes with the adapter when it arrives.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

VenTriiiX
Tuning in

will do, if i need any help with it i'll leave a message, thanks again for helping me understand this more 🙂