Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Phone

On 11/09/2020 a letter came that stated that Virgin wanted to use a new SIM. the letter mentioned that once the new SIM had been inserted, the phone would then display two codes, CODE1 and CODE2 and gave numeric codes for both.

On inserting the new SIM, the message displayed was NetworkKey: which nobody seems able to explain.

Another new SIM was sent - same problem.

Another new SIM was sent - same problem.

I then logged into the Forum, where a kind Virgin spokesperson said they would send a new cheap phone (Energiser or Nokia), to match the one I had. 

Nothing happened.

I logged in again a week or two later and another kind Virgin spokesperson repeated that a new cheap phone (Energiser or Nokia), to match the one I had would be sent and they would check with me Thu 29 Oct 2020. Nothing happened and no phone was delivered.

I know the Coroner's Virus is affecting things, but oh dear, this does seem like a problem that I have never had with Virgin previously and I have been with them for decades now. Their broadband, TV and landline service is all fine so far - the problem is only with the mobile phone.

I notice in the Chums catalogue, they advertise an Energiser phone with SIM plus micro SD card for a total of £45 and I might be better off getting that, even though I have just over £10 left in my Virgin mobile account. 

I would like to stay with Virgin, but the problem is still there - help, help....

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Mobile Phone

Hi Lee_enfeild, 

Thanks for your post, I am sorry to hear this, the phones we order as replacements can take longer than we expected as there has been high demand, I can take a look for you to make sure this has been ordered, I will pop you over a private message so keep an eye out for the little envelope 🙂
Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Phone

Thank you.

Best Wishes,
David Lee
0 Kudos