cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media don't care - even for vulnerable

Dionne4
Joining in

This is the review i posted on Trustpilot:

Virgin Media failed to port my 79 year old mum's landline number leaving her for two weeks without friends, family or medical professionals being able to contact her.
I have spent hours trying to get someone at Virgin to do something, take responsibility or even call me back. They have failed every single day. Never believe them when they say a manager will call back. I've been promised that 4 times this week and it hasn't happened.
The people that answer the phone lie. I've been told that they can't port a number to happen on the day of installation despite their literature and engineers saying the opposite. I've requested they escalate it as a complaint every time and still no reply....
Appalling. Complete disregard for the upset this has caused.

David did reply on Trumpington and suggested I joint this forum. 

Please could you confirm whether or not it is possible to port a home phone number on the day of Virgin installation? If not why is this not clearly explained or advised anywhere? Your literatureand engineers state the port is within 24 hours of installation. Other companies have been able to do this for years.

Also why has no one phoned me back?

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Dionne4, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to read of the number porting issues for your Mother's services, this is far from an ideal situation.

We would advise that for a number port to go through on a landline service, we would need both landline phone lines to be active, and to complete this can take up to 14 days to complete.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll look into this with you, to see where the port is currently up to.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Unless an unported telephone has been cancelled with the provider it will continue working from the BT wall sockets.

Hi

Thank you for your help. I managed to request the port again but the day after Sky cancelled the line. So the line just rings now and no one can contact my mum. 

Sky can only put a message on if I take a new package!

Client62
Alessandro Volta

The Trustpilot review should be removed, it is a work of fiction.

The telephone number port failed because the customer cancelled their Sky package containing the telephone line prior to allowing time for VM to set up a working telephone service and to commence the number porting process.

Not true.