Menu
Thesaint1967
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Scam phonecalls

Hi Just to make everyone aware I am receiving numerous phone calls since last week including today. They pretend to be Virgin Media and ringing up about Broadband Technical support. They speak with an Indian accent. I ask them to confirm the name of the account holder and they then put the phone down. I have tried to block our number but seem to still be receiving them

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Scam phonecalls

Hi Thesaint1967

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear you're receiving those calls. Thank you though for being vigilant and realising they are not from us.

You can find out more here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Thesaint1967 wrote:

Hi Just to make everyone aware I am receiving numerous phone calls since last week including today. They pretend to be Virgin Media and ringing up about Broadband Technical support. They speak with an Indian accent. I ask them to confirm the name of the account holder and they then put the phone down. I have tried to block our number but seem to still be receiving them

Scammers change the numbers they use every few hours. They are either fake, or are cloned & belong to genuine users that are nothing to do with the scam. There is no point in blocking them.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Thesaint1967 wrote:

Hi Just to make everyone aware I am receiving numerous phone calls since last week including today.

<snip> I have tried to block our number but seem to still be receiving them

Refer below for a response to a similar question from earlier today

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-SPAM-calls/m-p/4607309#M148825