cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Landline

Nigel04
Joining in

My land line has not been working since this afternoon any ideas what the problem is and  when it will be fixed I have looked at my service status and it has a green tick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nigel04 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear your landline isn't working.

Can you confirm, is the landline plugged into the telephone port one on the router?

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nigel04 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear your landline isn't working.

Can you confirm, is the landline plugged into the telephone port one on the router?

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi john

l have checked and everything is plugged into the router that should be. We are still on the old landline set up and have not been transferred to Wi-Fi calling yet although we are past the date it should have been installed. We have had no plug from Virgin Media to use. We do not seem to be the only users in this area that are having problems.

WiFi calling is not via the telephone. That's a mobile that uses WiFi calling.

Changing to the phone service via cable is a government objective and this has to be completed by 2025, we are choosing to take the change over now to ensure all of our customers have been migrated prior to the current telephone exchange being closed down in 2025. You can find more information on the links below
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover and https://www.futureofvoice.co.uk/
With that being said, please connect the phoneline to the telephone port 1 on the router for me.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Thankyou John that has sorted it we now have a phone

Great to hear 🙂

Is there anything further we can assist with today?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

No Thankyou we now have a phone that’s all I was bothered about