cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Landline Phone with no internet connection

GaryC52
Joining in

Hey,

My Grandma has Virgin TV and Landline phone, but no broadband (she's nearly 90 so missed the whole internet thing!).  I know the analogue switch off is due to happen December 2025 but her neighbour has had news that it is happening much earlier on their street.

Is there a way of allowing her landline phone to still work without having a broadband router to plug it into?

Thanks,

Gary

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gary,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, all our Phonelines are being switched, the customer doesn't have to have a Broadband service however will be provided with a Router for the purpose of the phone, you can find out more around our Landline Switchover here.

Regards

Paul.

GaryC52
Joining in

Thanks Paul - do I need to do anything to ensure she gets a router?  Or will it be sent automatically??

She will get some communication when the switch is going ahead, this will have all the information she needs and what to do next.

Regards

Paul.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Broadband will soon be a requirement to continue with the TV service.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks