Menu
Doggerbankplain
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

View list of phone calls

Morning all

Anyone know how to view a list of phone calls made please? I am on an anytime package.

Robert

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: View list of phone calls

Chargeable calls will be listed in My Virginmedia (bills) but calls as part of your package will not. VM do not keep this kind of data. They have no need of it and so to comply with data protection laws they don't keep it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Doggerbankplain
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's really interesting and thank you for responding. As far as I am aware, all the providers I have been with do provide a list of all calls made (even since GDPR), regardless of whether charged or not. I know Virgin may not want this information, but perhaps users do? There ought to be an option to turn this feature on maybe. If authorities investigating a criminal offence needed a list of calls, I am sure it could be provided. Just a thought. 

Grateful again for your response.

Robert

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post.

As far as we're aware most providers will show chargeable calls and not ones included in the package.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Doggerbankplain wrote:

That's really interesting and thank you for responding. As far as I am aware, all the providers I have been with do provide a list of all calls made (even since GDPR), regardless of whether charged or not. I know Virgin may not want this information, but perhaps users do? There ought to be an option to turn this feature on maybe. If authorities investigating a criminal offence needed a list of calls, I am sure it could be provided. Just a thought. 

Grateful again for your response.

Robert

I have a second line with another provider, & they have also stopped listing package inclusive calls. The confidentiality of data on landline calls is more strict as these are usually a shared resource & not confined to one person. No companies list freephone calls now to protect people calling abuse helplines & the like. AFAIK court orders can still be obtained if police require landline records as part of an investigation.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos