Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

View calls made

Hi , I may need to prove I made a phone call on a specific date. It is very likely the number was an 0800 number. I know the exact date and time the outgoing call was made but cannot see it on my previous bills. Is there anyway Virgin would be able to provide me with evidence.Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: View calls made

Hello

I am afraid that if the call is non chargeable then you will not be able to see the number, VM can request call logs but it can only be done as part of criminal evidence due to GDPR.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks DJ_Shadow1966 for the super fast reply.  That's a shame, I really can't see why I cannot view calls I have made from my own phone, It's bonkers.The only calls I 'can' view are one that I have been charged for. Are you saying Virgin cannot see who I've called ? Thanks again , much appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media do record them for legal and regulatory reasons, but they are specifically not allowed to show freephone calls on customer's bills.

This is from Ofcom’s General Conditions which regulate telephone providers :
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/information-for-industry/telecoms-competition-...

C3.10 Regulated Providers shall ensure that calls and SMS to the emergency call numbers “999” and “112”, or any of the numbers which are designated as “free to caller” in the National Telephone Numbering Plan, including calls and SMS to helplines on such numbers, are not identified in the Subscriber’s itemised Bills or any other Records that Regulated Providers make available to the Subscriber.

As mentioned in the rules, the key reason for this is down to the use of 'free to caller' numbers for helplines. People can call those numbers with confidence that couldn't then be seen on billing records sent.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much BenMcr and Mike too for your detailed replies 😀

0 Kudos