cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP switchover

langs57
Joining in

I switched over to the modem connection yesterday and since then cannot connect to any Virgin mobile numbers from my land line.

I get a voice message telling me ' this service is not available , call 150 to subscribe '.

I can connect to other networks or landlines normally.

I have called Virgin and spoken to 4 different operators but they have all eventually left me waiting until the line has gone dead. Frustrating.

5 REPLIES 5

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello langs57,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with you landline
Would you please be able to try rebooting the hub and let me know if that fixes the issue.

If not, I can send you a private message and take a look.

Gareth_L

Thanks for the reply Gareth. I have rebooted the hub several times since the switch over but did it once again as you suggested. 

No change I'm afraid . I still get the recorded message informing me that I need to call 150 to subscribe for the service.

It seems odd that I can make calls to landlines and mobiles on other networks but when I call a Virgin mobile number  I can't connect . There was no problem prior to the switch.

I thought initially that my land line phone may not be compatible with the new system but in that case I assume that I wouldn't be able to make any calls.

Hi Langs57! 👋 Thank you for getting back to us. 

Really sorry to hear that a reboot did not resolve the issues with your landline service following the switchover to VOIP. 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer further support with this. 
Thank you for your patience with us in the meantime! We can return to this public thread with an update when possible. 
All the best 🌞

Molly

The problem has been solved . One of the Virgin technical guys was looking in to the problem but couldn't find a fault. He noticed though that call barring had somehow been activated on my account which appears to have happened on the VOIP switchover.

I got this removed by customer services ( who originally said it would take 30 days !! ) within 24 hours.

So many hours spent on the phone trying to put right a simple problem . Glad that its now okay as I was thinking of cancelling the land line part of my contract.

Hi langs57, thank you for returning to the public thread to keep things updated! Sincerest apologies for your experience getting this issue sorted - thank you for your patience with us! Glad to hear things are now sorted. 

I've sent you another PM reply 📩 just to offer further support in raising a complaint if needed. 

I will return again to this public thread with another updated following this if needed!

All the best 🌞

Molly