cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP calls to mobiles free?

tina-d
On our wavelength

Now we have switched from the copper landline to VOIP, does this mean our VOIP home phone calls to all mobiles are free now? Previously, with the copper landline, our contract gave us free calls to virgin mobiles but we had to pay for calls to non-virgin mobiles?

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call packages remain the same whether you are using the copper based lines or 21CV, so if you paid for mobile calls before the switch, you still pay for them.
The only thing that has changed with the 21CV implementation is that the copper pair telephone line between your local cable headend exchange & your house has been replaced by a digital IP connection from the hub. Nothing else has changed. You are still using an old fashioned switched PSTN exchange at the other end of your hub line & will continue to do so until 2025 when these exchanges are switched off.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call packages remain the same whether you are using the copper based lines or 21CV, so if you paid for mobile calls before the switch, you still pay for them.
The only thing that has changed with the 21CV implementation is that the copper pair telephone line between your local cable headend exchange & your house has been replaced by a digital IP connection from the hub. Nothing else has changed. You are still using an old fashioned switched PSTN exchange at the other end of your hub line & will continue to do so until 2025 when these exchanges are switched off.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tina-d, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

As nodrogd has confirmed the call package will remain the same as the previous package we have only switched over the phone service to run via the hub. 

If you wish to make any changes to the call package this can be done by calling 0345 454 1111. ^Chris. 

tina-d
On our wavelength

Thank you nodrogd and Chris_W1. Very helpful 👍

Hi tina-d, thanks for the reply. 

Please let us know if you need anything further, otherwise have a good weekend. 

Chris.

Client62
Legend

VOIP - afraid not, what you have is an Analogue telephone service via a VM Hub.