cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP app for mobiles

SixString
On our wavelength

Is there such a thing as an app which will enable a mobile, say on the same wifi as a hub, to give out a notification when a Voip call is incoming, i.e. when the ringer is operating. Would be useful when the phone connected to the Voip system is not within earshot of someone who is hard of hearing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SixString wrote:

Is there such a thing as an app which will enable a mobile, say on the same wifi as a hub, to give out a notification when a Voip call is incoming, i.e. when the ringer is operating. Would be useful when the phone connected to the Voip system is not within earshot of someone who is hard of hearing. 

Virgin’s landline system still operates though a standard PSTN exchange. The only part that is VoIP is the connection between your hub & the local cable headend. The rest uses the existing old fashioned switched network. You will have to wait until after 2025 & full PSTN switchover for enhancements like that.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey SixString, thank you for reaching out and do you mean when your house phone rings you will get this on the mobile too?

There isn't a app for right now but you could look at adding we do have something called call divert though.

You can find out more here Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Client62
Legend

A VOIP app to work in tandem with the VM Hub TEL 1 socket - no.

But if you have a proper VOIP phone via Sipgate or Andrews & Arnold etc - then yes search for VOIP or Softphone in the mobiles app store.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SixString wrote:

Virgin’s landline system still operates though a standard PSTN exchange. The only part that is VoIP is the connection between your hub & the local cable headend. The rest uses the existing old fashioned switched network. You will have to wait until after 2025 & full PSTN switchover for enhancements like that.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks