Menu
Highlighted
Radio_Vampire
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VOIP SIP

Hi! I have the Full Virgin package Broadband 350, TV and Analogue phone. Can I migrate my analogue phone line to a SIP Trunk with Virgin? I want to use it with my Asterisk PABX, but don't want to migrate my number to another SIP provider and cease the Virgin phone service, I'd rather stay with Virgin.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VOIP SIP

You could ask Virgin Media for this and to check if it’s available for you’re area. Call 0800 183 1234 and select the option to add one of our services.

It may involve renewing your contract. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Radio_Vampire, 

Thanks for posting. We'd have to check that the service was compatible in your area. If it was, it would involve us disconnecting the TDM phoneline and organising a tech to install the DOCSIS line for you as you need other equipment for it. If it's something you're interested in, let me know and we can move forward with it for you. 

Many thanks, 

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Radio_Vampire
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan,

it is something I'm interested in. No new equipment will be required as my Hub is just acting as a Modem through a Cisco Firewall that hosts the public IP. I would terminate the SIP connection on my Asterisk PABX. 

As a work-round I've bought a Grandstream HT813 FXO/FXS adaptor to present the analogue line as a SIP trunk. I have also purchased a small DDI range and SIP trunks from a third party and I have CLI overwrite set on the third party SIP trunks, however I would prefer an all-Virgin Media solution.

best regards,

Justin.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's not going to be supported on the residential services.

Even where Virgin Media supply the home phone service using their VoIP technology, it terminates at a single phone connection on the back of the Hub 3.0 and then can be used with standard home user wired or DECT handsets.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Radio_Vampire
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I thought so, it's a pity Virgin Media does not recognise the Home Based business model.

best regards,

Justin.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They do, however on balance I'd think there are few home based businesses that need anything other than a single line acting in a traditional way.

If you want more advanced features, there is a whole business side of Virgin Media you can go to https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/connectivity/phone-lines-systems/
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos