cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Telephone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Can any body advise please I had my VM installtion done by Jones Cable thats how old it is all cables are under the floor the VM telephone line a thin black If I remember correctly connected to the old BT small white cable via a small juntion box (I think) would this be just a straight inline connection.The white cable then goes to a juntion box where you plug in the phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you were to have a phone line installed by Virgin Media it would be connected to the router rather than the wall socket.

All landline services will eventually run through a router - including when you're with other companies such as BT

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your Forum post @Anonymous, sorry I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, can you expand on this for me?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yes all cables under floor so can not check would VM connect there black wire to BT white wire just like an extension of there black wire to phone box on wall where you plug in phone.

If you were to have a phone line installed by Virgin Media it would be connected to the router rather than the wall socket.

All landline services will eventually run through a router - including when you're with other companies such as BT

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply at least I know what will happen in the future so I can plan.