Menu
Specialkcf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

VM Hub 3 connection into home telephone network

I have switched from BT to VM. The VM engineer just connected the phone into the Router. I want this input to be connected to the 3 phones in my house

Can I:

1. Connect the RJ11 from the back of the Router to the A and B connections on my Master socket, which was originally Eurobell which was taken over by Virgin and is not BT owned. This master socket already connects to two of the extensions in the house. I can then connect to the 3rd phone directly from this box.

2. If yes, what colour wires from the RJ11 connect to the A and B terminals.

Thanks for any help    Keith

0 Kudos
Nicholas_k
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Hub 3 connection into home telephone network

Hi,you can connect a permanent cable from the router to the master socket as long as the incoming phone line is physically cut.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Specialkcf
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, The BT input is cut. Do you know what wires out of the RJ11 that I connect to A and B ?

Thanks   Keith

0 Kudos
Specialkcf
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The RJ11 had 4 wires. I had the RJ11 connected to the phone socket at the rear of the router and I connected each wire  in turn to the A and B connectors on the Master Socket. I had a phone plugged into the test socket of the Master Socket. Unfortunately, none of the c onnections gave me a phone connection. Any other advice from anyone?

Also, I do not want to contact the Mumbai Customer Services. Does anyone have a UK email or telephone  numberfor Customer Services?

Thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You have to use the normal number to contact customer services. The offshore call centres are in lockdown & are not operational at the moment, so you will get through to UK staff. However, with the current situation faults & vulnerable customers are being prioritised.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

What you need is your Master Socket wired internally to your extensions only, and then just plug your RJ11 from Hub to Socket. 

All you should need to do is disconnect the BT feed into the Master.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
Specialkcf
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. The Master is wired to all the extensions and the BT connection is removed. Are you saying that the VM RJ11 does not have to be connected to the A and B of the Master Socket? My Master Socket does not have an RJ11 connection, it has the wider connector. If I have a convertor cable RJ11 to Male wider connector, do I just plug that into the Master Socket?

Thanks   Keith

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yep, doesn't need t be wired in. I've actually done this round customers houses, all I do is go into the master socket and disconnect the feed in then plug the RJ11 from Hub to Socket as if you was connecting your phone like normal! 

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
Specialkcf
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

OK   Great. I will try that....

0 Kudos