Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN Local call charges!! Ref COM104064643

Hopefully VM read these comments?

I renewed my VM contract with phone and weekend calls. It was explained that the calls would be charged at local rate by the Representative.

My standard package costs £66.50 per month as we do no normally us the landline. However during Covid 19 lockdown my wife was calling her 82 year old mother on a nightly basis( she only lives maximum 3 miles away however VM were charging near £10 per hour for a single local call which is scandalous.

I complained on three occasions and recived a letter stated they had tried to call (I have not been anywhere?) and still no response.

My advice is be very careful on what you sign up to and I will definitely be considering my options when my contract is up.

If Virgin Media wish to contact me please ref COM104064643 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN Local call charges!! Ref COM104064643

There is no such thing as “local rate” & hasn’t been for years. Calls outside your inclusive package allowance are charged at a standard landline rate wherever you call in the UK, be it next door or several hundred miles away.

See page 3 of the attached:

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Eve...

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response, However I have no issue paying for the calls but the costs were not clearly explained when I signed up with VM. Regardless of Local calls etc it is totally scandalous to be charged £9.00 for a 50 min LOCAL call.

All the calls made were to one number who was my 82 year old mother in law.(self isolating)

VM explain that there services are effected by Covid 19 and they expect us to on occasions to have a sub standard service but don't refund us but will not take that into account with customers have problems?

Like a lot of other people who have been effected by COVID 19 an additional £50 on your bill is not welcome.

Now I am actually aware of the costs I have disconnected the phone line and will have to consider my options of ISP when contract up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Macseast,

I'm sorry to hear about your surprise billing regarding your landline. Unless you have subscribed to one of our phone packages, I'm afraid that there are individual charges for calls. Please see the link that @nodrogd has referenced to. I can see that a complaint has been raised and I would advise that you wait for a member of the Complaints Team to make a thorough investigation into this. They will contact you back with a resolution.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lisa,  my original complaint was raised in May 2020 and i received a letter from VM on 03/04/20 ref COM104064643.

I appreciate there is "bigger picture" but the fact i have had no formal response to my formal complaint is not customer focused. 

It was not explained clearly when i signed my contract the extortionate cost of local calls.

Can you please get someone to contact me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you confirm what was advised in the letter received Macseast? Did it offer a resolution or advice on how to contact us to discuss this further?

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Rob.

The letter stated they had been trying to get in touch (no emails ,phone calls etc received and i was at home due to the covid 19 situation) it said if i wanted to text 07533 051 809 a member of the team would contact me. This i did on the 8th June. The original letter was dated 3rd june. 

Still no contact Customer resolutions Team?

Unfortunately VM seem to living up to their reputation .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Macseast,

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss the complaint.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos