Menu
Bikespod
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Utter incompetence

My partner was a customer of virgin mobile for around 20 years. She lost her phone, so paid off the remainder and ordered a replacement. 
This in itself was a nightmare, taking weeks to sort. It was lockdown, so we thought fair enough. 
Then the courier “lost” the phone. We were told to wait another 5 days in case they found it. They didn’t. 
They then said it’d be another 5 days to send a replacement. 
We decided that was enough. Went into O2 and picked up a phone in 1 hour!

since then, Virgin delivered the replacement phone. We asked, should we refuse delivery. Told us not to, they’d arrange it’s return. 
Needless to say they didn’t. I have literally spent days trying to organise it’s return. 5 separate excruciating calls to the Philippines, hours on hold whilst listening to a song “what are you waiting for” still no return envelope. 
Then they told us the UK staff will call to arrange and they will call back to check. Neither happened, obviously. 
Now we are getting texts saying we need to pay for a phone we don’t want or need and threats of credit blacklists. 
The account letter shows we are in credit and both phones are refunded. 
We just want to return your equipment and draw a line under the whole sorry mess. 

I’ve never dealt with such utter incompetence and appalling Customer Service in my life. 
If someone doesn’t sort this out I am going to lose my mind. 

0 Kudos
Bikespod
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Utter incompetence

Your messaging service doesn’t work, you have no UK customer service number, the Philippines call centre can’t sort it out, no shops are open. What am I supposed to do. It’s impossible to get any information or answers. I can’t take much more of this. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

shops are closed for good they are not reopening.

Call centers are still open but refused capacity.
The text messaging service should be answered but it can take a few days

or wait here for someone that can help you
0 Kudos
Bikespod
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Every time I try chat, they respond with “we will be in touch etc” this is after I’ve typed the problem out. Then someone replies with “ how can I help” then never replies or bothers to look at what I previously typed??

0 Kudos
Bikespod
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just been cut off mid chat AGAIN!

This is impossible. I feel like I’m stuck in some terrible Groundhog Day nightmare 

0 Kudos
Bikespod
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Chat connection keeps dropping out. I’m nearly at the point of giving up. 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bikespod, thanks for posting

I am really sorry to hear you're having ongoing issues with a Virgin Mobile account.  Can you please advise if the contract is a split contract?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Bikespod
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee. 
no it’s a single account. Now closed.In credit by £1.27. All phones paid off according to the statement. 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That sounds promising Bikespod

How would you like us to help you move forwards?  Is there anything you'd like us to do?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Bikespod
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee. 
I thought I’d laid out the issue in my original post. 
Virgin have sent us a bill / statement saying everything is settled. We are in credit for £1.27. An amount we are more than happy to write off. 
However they are also sending us letters demanding payment and threatening credit blacklisting unless the money is paid.

We also have an unopened iPhone 11 still in its courier box, that I have repeatedly tried to return to Virgin, but it is seemingly impossible to organise. I presume this is the cause of the payment demand letters. Even though the statement of account says they are both paid off. 

I'm trying so hard to return this phone and be completely honest with Virgin and give them their phone back, but nothing works. 

Firstly I would like to get the payment demand letters stopped ( also the texts ) before it escalates to credit blacklists or debt collectors. 

Secondly I want to return the brand new phone to Virgin

Finally I don’t want ever to hear from Virgin again. I have had enough of this whole situation. I have wasted a disproportionate amount of my life trying to do Virgins job for them. I am thoroughly frustrated and annoyed by the ineptitude of customer services and inability of Virgin to organise a return of their equipment, yet they can send out letters for demands of money with ease. 

having read the Trustpilot reviews ( 98% bad ) I can see I’m far from the only customer who is banging their head on a brick wall. 

the chat system is next to useless and not fit for purpose, phoning in is a minimum 45 minute wait on hold before being cut off or resolving nothing, email a waste of time, phone number on the demand letter doesn’t work at all. Shops closed permanently. Aaaagh! It’s so damn frustrating. I just want this nightmare to end. Please!