Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to Hub 4 - No dialing tone - Phone shown as "disabled" in Hub settings

Hi, we got a new Hub 4 today.  Broadband is OK but our phone has no dialing tone.  I have tried a different phone with no success.  We are using the same phone and phone cable which we used with our Hub 3 which worked fine for years.  In the Hub settings, the phone is shown as "disabled".  I phoned the help number which came with the new Hub 4 and a recorded message referred me to the Fault page on the VM website, and then cut off the call.  The Fault page on the VM website says it does not work for Hub 4 yet!  This is really disappointing and frustrating as we have no way to report the fault, and no phone service.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to Hub 4 - No dialing tone - Phone shown as "disabled" in Hub settings

Hi stjamiller,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your landline. 

I have taken a look on our side and I do need to get some details so I can look into this further. 

I will private message you now to get these. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to Hub 4 - No dialing tone - Phone shown as "disabled" in Hub settings

My Hub 4 is the same no dial tone.  Thought maybe it was not activated as yet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Our phone is finally working.  It would have been good if someone at VM had told us beforehand that the phone can take up to 24 hours to activate!   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’m having the same issue after upgrading and my download speeds seem to have halved since fitting the new hub last night. I’ll wait until 24 hours is up. I hope this sorts it.  Frustratingly the new hub doesn’t seem any better than the hub 3. I still barely get a signal in the little bedroom (18 feet away from the router). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Cazzo 

Thank you for taking the post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your landline, If you can let us know how the landline is after the 24 hours has surpassed that would be fantastic. 

As for the hub4, If you are having signal issues in 1 specific room, have you considered using a booster? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak

The router rebooted itself around lunchtime and after doing so  the telephone was restored. It would be nice if Virgin put that information in the handbook that comes with the new router

I’m stringing an Ethernet cable across the hallway to the room I’m using as an office as the booster I bought doesn’t help much. I don’t know why it’s such a dead spot. 

Will the internet download speed level out. I’ve noticed, since I installed the hub 4, that my download speeds have just about halved, even using the Ethernet cables. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Cazzo.

Since your post we've had an area fault raised which may be affecting these, I'll pop the information on this below.

Reference: F008483990

Estimated repair time: 15 NOV 2020 09:00

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos