Menu
nutineil
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unwanted Phone Upgrades

Hi

I don't have the letter to hand, but my mother received a letter saying she needs to order an adaptor for the phone. This is so she can take advantage of things like '3 way call' and 'annoying indicator tone to tell her someone else is calling while she is trying to talk to someone'.

She doesn't need or want these services, so how can she opt out? The letter says her phone may stop working without the adaptor.

Thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unwanted Phone Upgrades

This sounds like part of the planned migration process to phone connections via the VM hub (called 21st century voice, 21CV).

Read about it here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone#whatishappening

which should be explained in the letter.

Everyone is being moved to this setup eventually across all providers when the current copper phone network is shut down.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @nutineil

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Could you elaborate on the letter actually states please? It does sound like an upgrade to 21CV as @goslow stated above but i'd need some more information to clarify this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nutineil
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. I have just found the associated email in my junk folder and it is as you have informed me.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @nutineil,

Thank you for getting back to us with an update on this. I'm glad to hear you've been able to locate the email.

Be sure to let us know if there's anything further that we can help you with today.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos