Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unsolicited calls

I've only been with Virgin Media for a few weeks and it's a decision I regret. I filed a complaint almost seven weeks ago and no one has ever called me to try to resolve my issue despite me spending almost 9 hours on the phone. They lost my home phone number and issued me a new one to which I am receiving a number of unsolicited calls from Pakistan. They are abusive calls and are making me feel deeply unsettled. I have not given out my new number to anyone. How do I go about getting a new number and how do I go about getting someone to a acknowledge my complaint?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unsolicited calls

There have been many complaints on the VM forums about spam and scam calls in recent months. Unfortunately, these are often machine-generated by simply dialling blocks of numbers until they get a response. Once they do get a response the calls are likely to continue or escalate. Best not answer any unrecognised numbers or let them go to answer machine.

Ref. your lost number, the procedure is that the existing number has to be on an active working line for the transfer to take place successfully to the new provider. If the transfer has not taken place, for whatever reason, it can be hard to get the original number back and that difficulty increases with time from when it was lost.

That said, there have been a few mentions on the forums of numbers being recovered by some heroic efforts from the forum team so best wait for one of them to pick up the thread and see if they can help. (Do not mark any 'helpful answers' in the meantime). It can be several days before they respond unless a VIP forum member can flag this for you and escalate.

Even if you get your original number back, there is no guarantee that the abusive calls with stop. See the thread below for additional information on call blocking and screening which can help with the problem.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/How-do-I-change-my-Virgin-Media-landline-phone-numbe...

Sadly, VM customer services are deeply flawed as you have discovered. The VM forums are the best place to get help and advice either from the forum team or from fellow customers. Unfortunately though the forum process can be a bit slow.

Hope you can get it all sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cathmath,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear this has occurred, it does appear that you have spoken to a member of the team today, who has already taken this issue in hand regarding having your number changed and having a complaint raised.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos