cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreliable phone Line (random cutting ouit)

RoyR
Tuning in

Support,

I have now transferred our phone to the top Tel 1 port of the router and all seems to be fine.

However I am now experiencing issues with our LAN line randomly cutting out/loosing connection.

Seems to occur after 10-15 mins 

Please advise

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Roy,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, glad to hear your phone is now working since you chanced the ports over, i was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and was unable to see any issues, in regards to your Lan line dropping connection after 15 Minutes please can you expand a little on what is happening, is this just effecting wired connections.

I can see you haven't rebooted the Router for 10 days, please unplug from the power, leave 2 to 3 minutes then plug back in.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for the reply.

I have now rebooted my Router as suggested.

We are  constantly having issues (loosing connection on and off throughout the day) with our Broadband (RG12/RG42 area).

We are constantly looking using https://istheservicedown.co.uk/ to see the status

Would that effect the LAN line now that its plugged into the router?  

Hi @RoyR

Thank you for your reply.

I have taken a look at things from our side, and we may need to send an engineer.

I will send you a private message now so we can do this securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide