Menu
sn17
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unknown charge on bill

Received my latest bill and there’s a £18.83 (+VAT) charge for a call that I know I didn’t make. A very strange number that I don’t recognise - 09715175427. At 5.40am on a Sunday morning! 

Just tried calling Virgin to speak to an advisor but it rang off - very helpful!

anyone had similar or any advice?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unknown charge on bill

Hi Sn17, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry to hear that there's a concerning number on your bill, I can appreciate you're keen to get to the bottom of things. 

So is the call showing that it was made from your landline? Are there any other numbers showing that don't seem right? 

Have you been able to speak to the team since your post?

Let us know, we'll be able to check it out via a PM if needed. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
sn17
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

thanks for responding. Yes it’s showing as being made on my landline, and it’s the only charge that has appeared that is odd. I’ll PM with more info. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Vmk
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I also have an unusual charge on my bill for 15 hours at an 0871 number. I tried calling VM but they are closed. So, what happens now? Am I responsible for this even though I didn't make the call? 

0 Kudos
sn17
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Vmk 
I hope you don’t have to pay for this but I did have to for the one on my account. I was advised that there was nothing virgin media could do about it, they suggested I contacted the company but looking online for what the number was associated with I didn’t want to take the risk of racking up a substantial bill by making an attempt to do so. I was also concerned that it could happen again and so the suggestion was I place a block on the line for certain calls being made, surprise surprise virgin media charge a monthly fee for this service! 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vmk, thanks for posting/

I am sorry you're not happy with your most recent bill.  Can I ask if you've looked up (online) who the owner of the number that the calls are charged to?  As you are disputing the call charges, we may need to send out a technician, to verify if there is a crossed line.  I do need to advise you, that if there is no fault found, then the charges will stand and there would be a call out charge applied to the following month's bill.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos