cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand my parents package

Keith1975
Joining in

I need to understand what package my parents have.  They recently had their phone replaced with a broadband router and cables.  

They're elderly and I am not sure they know what they pay for. 

I currently pay for mobile broadband for them and when I checked the Virgin site it said they already had broadband but connecting to the router does not work. 

How can I find out what package they are on and whether they are paying for broadband without realising it?

I've tried to call to find out but my dad cannot remember the login details etc. 

3 REPLIES 3

Koda
Up to speed

Virgin Media have special firmware they can apply to the Virgin Media hubs to provide a very slow internet connection but lock it to only allow connectivity via the telephone socket on the back of that router. The ethernet ports would be software locked and the WiFi wouldn't be broadcasting any internet. 

Basically it's possible for there to be an 'internet connection' active at the house for a 21CV Customer who is actually landline only, and not have any meaningful access to said internet connection. 

It sounds like this is the case here if you are saying connecting to the hub isn't working. But checking the bill or copy of the latest contract should clear things up. If the login details are forgotten you can reset them on the website. 

If you are already paying separately for mobile broadband though it's probably worth speaking to VM and seeing if a deal can be done for both broadband and landline. Services are often cheaper when you bundle more together.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Keith1975,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see there is some confusion around what your parents receive from us in regards to the services, I will be more than happy to have a look for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Keith1975,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat, glad I was able to give you and your Dad some clarity, as advised you can have a look Via his Online Account via My Offers, if he doesn't have one it will be very useful to set up, you can also call us on either 150 from a Virgin Landline r Mobile or 0345 454 1111 from any other Phone, please let us know how you get on.

Regards 

Paul.