Menu
LKay25
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unauthorised Landline Number Change - Vulnerable Customer

Please can somebody help me & my mum.

Last month I rang up to change the details of my mum & dad's virgin media account after the passing of my dad. I was told that we could change package to a better deal if we installed a new box. I specifically said I did not want my mum's phone number changing as she has had this number for 25 years and was not in any fit state to be changing her number.

An engineer called Gary (I have his mobile phone number) rang me the following day advising that it was possible to install a new box and keep the same landline number. I triple checked this with him and he advised that it was fine.

On Wednesday this week, an engineer came to install the new box for my mum and left her with a new landline phone number. I am absolutely disgusted that an elderly, vulnerable person on her own has had her landline number changed without her or my permission.

We have both contacted Virgin to resolve this and she was advised that her landline number can be changed back but no-one can tell us when this will take affect. I have been promised a call back to discuss this but I am yet to receive any calls.

My mum is grieving, awaiting hospital phone calls and calls regarding her pension and is very distressed. I need this sorting asap please

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unauthorised Landline Number Change - Vulnerable Customer

Hi LKay25. thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. We are sorry to hear about the experience which you have had with us and we want to get things resolved for you. I will send a private message now to look at getting this resolved for you. Chris

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI LKay25, we are glad the see that this is one the way to getting resolved. Pease let us know if you have any issues and have a great day ^Chris

0 Kudos
LKay25
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is still not sorted despite being assured it would change over yesterday

0 Kudos
LKay25
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This number has still not been fully changed over and now the new number does not work so i have no way pf contacting my mum! Ive been told that the work that needs to be done cannot take place on a weekend.

0 Kudos
LKay25
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I now want this on record that my mother's health has deteriorated as a direct result of the stress caused by Virgin's lack of customer service.

Since this package was installed last Wednesday we have been consistently lied to by staff members from Virgin. We have been repeatedly told that our issue will be fixed in the next 24 hours and yet nothing has happened. Every time we call up, we are on hold for hours to then have to start a square one explaining our issue and to be assured every time that it will "be fixed in 24 hours" I have spent a total of 8 hours on the phone to Virgin. I am not even able to cancel the contract as the last time I tried to I was put on hold for 30mins to be told that whilst I was holding the cancellation team have gone home.

I cannot put into words the distress, anxiety and literal headaches this issue has caused my mum. We just want rid of Virgin now but we are not even able to do this. 

In addition to the above issue, yesterday my grieving mother received a package from Virgin addressed to my late father requesting him send back his Virgin equipment (equipment that had already been taken by the Virgin engineer) This is despite Virgin being told a month earlier that my dad had passed away. 

I have never been more disgusted with the way a company has treated me and I will be taking this further. Again, I hold Virgin fully accountable for the stress that my mother has had to deal with

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LKay25, I am sorry about the experience which you have had and why it has taken so long to resolve. We have some good news for you and have confirmed everything on a private message for you. Chris

0 Kudos
LKay25
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good news will be when it's fixed. I have been told this so many times

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Please let us know how things are after 8am tomorrow ^Chris

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LKay25, thanks for the messages last night, can you confirm if there is still an issue with the phone line? Chris. 

0 Kudos