Menu
SuzieQ99
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to use landline since setting up VM Hub 3.0

Hi, after setting up new VM Hub 3.0 and purchasing a new RJ11 cable for my handset, I’m still not getting a phone service. It’s plugged into tel 1 port in hub, I’ve rebooted the router and I’m still seeing check phone line. Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to use landline since setting up VM Hub 3.0

Hi there @SuzieQ99

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - i was sorry to understand that you're having some landline issues.

I have located your account from your forum information and can see that you are not set up for the VOIP landline. As such, the port on your Hub is not active for teleohone calls. For your landline to work, please pop a handset into the master socket in your wall. 

Hope that helps

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SuzieQ99
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

many thanks for checking my account. I did have the cable plugged into the wall socket initially and had the same check phone line message, hence the switch to the hub port.

There’s a ringing tone when I call the landline from my mobile but it doesn’t reach the handset. Sure it’s something silly but I’m blowed if I know!

any other ideas please?
cheers

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI @SuzieQ99

Cheers for popping back - have you been able to check a new/different handset at all or try your handset in a known working like to see if it works? 

There are no reported area issues with your line when checking from here so we just need to confirm the handset before booking a technician. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SuzieQ99
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’ve ordered a new handset as the one I have is a few years old.....it was working fine before the switch.

I’ll jump back in when the new phone arrives to let you know the score.

thanks for your help 😁

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers @SuzieQ99

Can you advise what you mean before the switch? 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
SuzieQ99
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Katie_WT

Before I switched hubs (new contract etc), no change to the phone service.

Now have a brand new handset, plugged into the wall socket and still seeing “check phone line”.......I’m out of ideas 😏

cheers

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SuzieQ99,

Thank you for letting us know that you're still having the same trouble with a new handset.

I'd like to get an engineer booked for you so will send you a private message now to arrange a suitable time and day. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael