cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to redirect calls from landline

Card08
Joining in

Just about pulling my hair out with this one. I’ve already phoned virgin twice about this, and I can’t bear to go through it all again.
I can’t redirect calls from my landline to my mobile.

the online guide tells me I have to:

dial *70 followed by the full number I want to redirect calls to. It tells me I have to enter +44 then the mobile number, then #.
since you can’t type a + on a landline I was told to type 00 instead. But it doesn’t work and I don’t get a confirmation tone.

1st call they said that my phone needed a new adapter for it to work. It didn't

2nd call said that the service wasn’t properly activated and to give it another 24 hours and it will work. It didn’t.

So I’m hoping someone will be able to see where I’m going wrong. Otherwise it’s another frustrating battle to speak to someone at virgin

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Card08, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with trying to activate call divert. 

Checking things this end, I can't see that the feature has been added on. We'll need to do this before it can be activated at your end. 

So we can get this added for you, I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Card08, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me via private message. 

I'm glad we've been able to get things sorted for you and the Call Divert feature is working as it should be now. 

If you have any further issues, let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs