cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to port 5-digit landline number to Virgin?

annec0010
Just joined

Evening,

I'm looking to sign up for broadband and phone with Virgin but have been advised that it's not possible to port my landline number from Sky to Virgin as it's a 5 digit number and Virgin numbers are 6 digits.

Is that right?

It seems hard to believe this is correct as I know at least one other town that has 5-digit landline numbers. Disappointing if this is the case as will need to find another solution/provider.

Anyone else have a 5-digit landline number with Virgin, that was ported over from another provider?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All UK landline numbers have 11 digits in total - does yours?

What's the first 7 digits? Enough to check the owner of the number range without putting your number on a public forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No - 10 digits in total, 5 digit area code plus 5 digit number.

Range holder is BT.

We've had the number 30+ years, old numbers are 5 digits (or 10 including area code) in our village, new numbers here are now 6 digits (or 11 including area code).

Hi annec0010, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble finding out information regarding moving your number across. 

When speaking to the Sales Team, they would be able to advise whether or not we can request a number from another provider. If they have already advised that we're unable to, then this would be the case I'm afraid. 

Speak to the team on 0800 183 1234 so they can double check things for you. They'll also be able to help with any other queries or questions you may have. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Contact a real VOIP provider like Andrews & Arnold / Sipgate / soho66 and ask if they can port your number.