cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive calls

Andy338
Joining in

I can’t call out or receive calls on landline so purchased a new phone but issue is still present. Going round in circles with phone support. Just says “we’ll run tests” and call back after ten minutes”.  When I call back, the whole process starts again without any results so can’t organise an engineer. Very stressful as spent all day getting nowhere!

14 REPLIES 14

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andy338,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline phone - we've had a look on this end and can see that your landline service is showing as 'uncontactable', meaning that we will need to send out an engineer to come and take a look.

So this can be arranged, I've sent you a private message. You can find this at the purple envelope.

Thank you

Beth

mmc1978
Tuning in

I've not been able to use either of my handsets since December. Pretty new phones too so I know they've not both suddenly broken! Our local box (at the end if the road, visible from my kitchen window) was vandalised & VM didn't come out to attend for a good couple of weeks! People were commenting on Social Media & local websites (Next Door) that they'd reported it to no avail! Finally when engineers came out the box was cordoned off but people still reported faults. Several weeks later still, my landlines still doesn't work & on top if that, my TV & Broadbsnd services are always on the blink! It's so frustrating! 

I've been a loyal VM customer for 16+ years now. When I last renewed my contract & a senior engineer came out to check my connections (always slow & really old wiring!) I was promised booster plugs but they never arrived! I only live in a flat & I can't even use a Ring doorbell at the front door as the WiFi drops in & out so much losing connection! It's ridiculous! 

Hi mmc1978,

I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you've had with your services over the past few months, it is disappointing to hear.

I can see that we have been assisting you from your other thread and that the outage in your area is still being looked into. The estimated fix time is for later today.

Thanks for all your patience whilst we work on the issue.

Beth

So received private message to say an engineer could come out today between 4pm and 7pm ... a Homeworks van parks over the road for ten minutes and drives off .. This customer service is beyond ridiculous 

Hi @Andy338,

I'm sorry to hear that your issues are ongoing. If you've been discussing this with one of my colleagues via a private message, please respond to them there and they'll be able to investigate and assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Andy338,

I really am sorry to hear what happened with your visit. I'm going to send an email to the Area Field Manager to find out why the appointment did not go ahead on Friday as planned. I can see from my end however that it was rescheduled, but no reason why. To view the new time slot, please take a look here.

Please keep me posted with how the visit goes and I'll let you know once I hear back from the Area Field Manager.

Thank you

Beth

STILL no phone line  WIFI is also still rubbish. Connection drops to my bedroom when trying to use the Firestick. My bedroom is right next to the lounge where the HUB is, in my small 2-bed flat?! I have always had to pay for a 2nd box in my bedroom so i can watch my Neflix & Prime accounts as the Chromecast & Firestick are not reliable with poor signal in there! I haven't got any boosters even though my VM Connect app seems to think I should have one?! Even after the engineers came out last time & promised I'd be sent them nothing turned up. I no longer use my doorbell camera either as it loses WIFI connection (nothing obstructs the HUB from it's location in the lounge straight down the hallway to the front door either)! 

Someone PLEASE help?! At this rate I really can't justify the £21.50 per month increase as of 1st May!!

Hey mmc1978, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look from our side and I can't see any major issues at all and your levels are good.

This sounds like you may need a WIFI pod as suggested from the connect app, what happens when you try and order one through there? 

It should allow you to check out after doing a WIFI scan on the connect app. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hey Matt.

Well that is strange. The only room the WIFI / TV  seems reliable is the lounge...right next to the HUB. My son has regular (loss of) connection troubles in his room (also adjoining the lounge), although not half as bad as in my bedroom! 

I've never tried to request a booster. Where can I do this? I've just sat & waited for mine to be sent as promised after my last visit! I have sent feedback a couple of times but still nothing came! I'm new to this thread so obviously now I'll start taking action to try & ensure we can all finally get the services I've been paying for all these years! 

The connect app says there should be a booster present??