Menu
Dave_H
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to hear incoming callers, most of the time

Further to the post Re: 50% of the time when the phone rings the caller can hear me, but I cannot hear them raised by Kiamara Kid on the 12th May and added to by nasussenoj, which then became another topic: Can’t hear incoming calls from a friend (both Virgin customers) by nasussenoj, I am concerned that this issue is going off track. nasussenoj and his partner have a problem, but I don't want VM to think this problem is a 'one-off' because it most certainly is not. There is a general problem with VM's voice over ip (voip) which I among others have experienced for months (at least since March this year). I have raised it many times on this forum and by phone to VM and have had no resolution, despite promise to escalate etc. etc.

I have several times threatened to leave VM. I have come to the point where I am thinking that the only way to get rid of the problem is to actually do that. My main concern is that I am not convinced any other supplier is any better.

Can I re-interate that this is not a handset problem, which is the first option VM jump to to try and offload the problem. I have proved that this problem manifests itself even on the simplest (brand new) corded phone.

Please VM I am sick of this problem. I get an ear full from my wife now every time it happens! Lets get it fixed for all our sanity.

Dave_H

0 Kudos
jka94036
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to hear incoming callers, most of the time

I have the same issue, two technician visits later and they are still none the wiser as to why this is happening and I am not on the voip system.

seems like virgin has an issue with both systems

john

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to hear incoming callers, most of the time

Hi Dave_H,

Thanks for posting on the community forums for help with your home phone issue. I'm really sorry to hear this issue has been ongoing for some time now and we haven't been able to deliver a permanent solution to this.

I've had a quick look at the back end of your service and can see that there is an outage which is affecting your services intermittently. The estimated fix date for this issue is for the 20th August and has been raised under the ticket reference F008318964.

Please let us know if you're still having problems after the estimated fix date and we'll be more than happy to assist further with this.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos