Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unable to hear incoming callers about 30 - 40% of time, have to call them back

We have been frustrated by this problem for some time now. I have attempted to report the problem (even through this forum) but given up almost to the point of moving to another provider.

The problem is as follows:

We receive an incoming call, but cannot hear the caller (they can hear us), so we tell them that we will call back. When the phone is being used frequently, as it is at the moment, this is highly frustrating.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to hear incoming callers about 30 - 40% of time, have to call them back

Have you ruled out your handsets being the issue? 

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to hear incoming callers about 30 - 40% of time, have to call them back

Absolutely. This came up as a possible issue before so I went out and bought a brand new set of cordless phones and we still have the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Dave_H

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum!

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with incoming calls on your landline phone. 

Are you having issues with any particular numbers? If this is a case of multiple numbers you;re struggling with, are they on the same network? Are the phone calls coming from other landline or mobile phones?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

David, thanks for responding. 

I can't tell you about networks, but as far as individual callers are concerned we know of particular callers who sometimes have experienced the problem and other times have not, so I don't think it is number related.

Instead, it does seem to be time-related in that if a call has just been closed down and another call more or less immediately comes in, there seems to be a high probability the problem will occur.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Dave_H.

I have looked into the background of your account and can see that there is a congestion problem in your area that could be causing the issue with your phone as its via your hub. I have also flagged this issue to our 2nd line faults team to be looked into further to make sure that there is nothing else that is causing the issues that you're having.

Does this issue tend to happen after around 4pm everyday? This would usually be the peak usage times of the network.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Steven,

No, our problem seems to be any time of day. Most of our calls tend to be in the morning or early afternoon anyhow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have flagged this to the team and hopefully they will be in contact with you in the next 24-48 hours having looked into this further for you Dave_H.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks

0 Kudos