Menu
Petsperson
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get Virgin Media to restore HOME LANDLINE after weeks trying

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CONTACT VIRGIN MEDIA  TO GET BACK MY LANDLINE NUMBER?????   ALL I CAN DO IS HOLD THE PHONE FOR HOURS AND THEN THE CUST SERVICE STAFF CAN'T HELP ME !!!!!

MY NUMBER IS WITH VIRGIN MEDIA LANDLINE SERVICES RANGE HOLDER. I CAN NOT GET A NUMBER FOR THEM. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE?  THIS HAS GONE ON FOR WEEKS.  I KNOW THE COVID 19 VIRUS HAS CAUSED A LOT OF DISRUPTION BUT SURELY A SIMPLE MATTER OF RESTORING A PHONE NUMBER IS NOT BEYOND THEM?

AFTER SEVERAL GROSS EXPERIENCES DUE TO VIRGIN MEDIA CUTTING OFF MY WIFI WHILE ROAD WORKING, TRIED BT.  NO BETTER SO SWITCHED BACK.  AM STILL UNABLE TO GET MY LANDLINE PHONE NUMBER BACK.  THIS IS DESTROYING MY SMALL BUSINESS AND NONE OF THE TELEPHONE OPS WHO SPOKE TO ME (AFTER ONE AND A HALF HOURS HOLDING ON) HELPED AT ALL.  YESTERDAY I WAS ASKED TO CLOSE COMPLAINT AS ONE PHONE OP SAID HE HAD FOUND MY MISSING PHONE NUMBER WHICH IS WITH VIRGIN MEDIA!!  PLEASE HELP IF YOU KNOW HOW TO GET VIRGIN MEDIA  MANAGEMENT INSTEAD OF WAITING HOURS ON THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE FOR NOTHING.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get Virgin Media to restore HOME LANDLINE after weeks trying

how did you lose the number?

you also shouldn't be using the phone service for a business

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get Virgin Media to restore HOME LANDLINE after weeks trying

Hi Petsperson,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community Forums. I'm very sorry to hear of the problems you've been having with your landline/landline number and that you haven't been able to get the help you need with this.

Can we can do our best to help, we will need a few more details please in order to understand exactly what's happened. You mention that you've lost your landline number, are you able to be a little more specific with what you mean please?  From what you've said, I gather that the number was 'lost' prior to temporarily moving to BT, but were any changes made that may have caused this to happen? E.g recently moved home.

Can you also please confirm if you requested to port your number over to BT, and then back to us again? Do you currently have a new landline number or no service at all?

We look forward to resolving this for you.

Beth

0 Kudos