cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to contact an actual person

SiriusB
On our wavelength

Received a double blow last Monday. Received several calls on mobile (family members) stating unable to contact my partner. Told them that I'll look into it and get back to them.

Immediately rang landline, no answer. Checked connection, looks okay. Purchased new handset & connected. Same problem. Unable to receive or make calls. This did occur several years and used mobile to call in. Eventually got through to speak to an actual person. After checking, it was found that the fault lay with the connection box coming into the property. Engineer booked and issue resolved. I believe it is the same issue as then, so here's the problem.

Called Virgin on my mobile to report the issue. inputted all the relevant details then got this: Running test on landline, this will take some time, so please call back in 10 minutes for the result OR call 150, then it hangs up.

My partner (account holder) is disabled and as such needs to be contactable. This is only possible via my mobile as she lost her mobile last Monday on way home from work. This is nothing to involve Virgin with so will handle with her provider.

Also, some time ago, we had issues logging in to our account so contacted Virgin via 150. As unable to log in, an an alternate e-mail was provided to sent the requested info to my partner. Sadly the info was never received. We would both be very grateful if these issues can be resolved. We've been with Virgin 18 years and would like to remain with them.

That being said, we are not happy at being unable to contact anyone at Virgin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SiriusB 

This is great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to post on the community to let us know. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed 🙂

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When you called your landline from your mobile, what did you hear (e.g normal ringing tone, number unobtainable message, voicemail etc.)?

After the automated test had run, did you call back and could you get through for the results or did you not phone back again?

Have you tried the automated service status number 0800 561 0061 to check for any faults in your area?

One of the VM forum team will reply in due course and you have already tried the first thing they are likely to ask which is using another handset.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @SiriusB,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with both your landline and the My Virgin Media account, it's not what we want to happen for you, I can certainly look into this for you to see how best we can go about fixing this, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you in a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of the screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe

SiriusB
On our wavelength

Okay, 1 issue resolved most satisfactory.  2nd issue, technician booked for home phone for Fri.

It's either the master socket or outside connection. We'll know Fri.

A hearty THANK YOU for Joseph B & the assistance he has provided.

If fact, I have sent a written complimentary letter to virgin stating that.

Well worth in my my personal opinion.

In 45 years in the logistic industry, 26 as a domestic & retail truck delivery driver, I've practically heard it all, both from customers & back office.

Too many are quick to complain but rarely speak 2 words that cost nothing. Those words?

THANK YOU.

Now that we are able to log into My VM, we see that VM has merged with 02.

Does that mean that VM can deal with 02 A/c's?

Hi @SiriusB.

Thank you for the kind words regarding the assistance that Joseph gave you, I will be sure to pass them on to him. The engineer appointment you have for Friday will get the final issue resolved. We can double check everything then. 

With the partnering of O2 and Virgin Media. We will run separately so the best option would be to save this link for the contact options for 👉 O2.

I hope this helps. 

Sabrina

SiriusB
On our wavelength

Thanks Sabrina.

That's what I thought.

Already have an 02 A/c. It's just that my partner lost her phone last Monday.

Did get through eventually & spoke with an actual person.

Info provided & got told it would take 24 hours to take effect.

Still waiting 6 days later.

No problem, just though VM may be able to help.

Hey @SiriusB.

I really I wish I could of helped you, but unfortunately, I am not equipped in that area. Please do chase them up on this though. 

Sabrina

SiriusB
On our wavelength

Job done.

Handset ok. Connection dead.

Techician switched us to 21CV..

Bye bye master socket (especially since it is the other end of the room).

Once again, great service.

Technician even called to say he is on his way.

😎

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SiriusB 

This is great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to post on the community to let us know. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed 🙂

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

SiriusB
On our wavelength

Thanks Carley, will do.

There was 1 thing but I don't regard it as important now that we have regained access to our VM A/c.

A thought cropped up while in pm with Joseph.

It was only after regaining that access it came to the forefront.

VM & 02 are 2 separate dept's - understood.

The question: I have been with my mobile provider several months longer than Virgin.

Since 17:46 22/03/20, haave been getting text messsages from Virgin regarding essential works in the area as well as technician visits.

I'm neither with VM or 02 but 3.

So wondered how did that happen?