cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call mobiles from my landline

gjbrent
Joining in

Since coming across to virgin I have been unable to call some mobiles from my landlines, it just gives you the engaged tone even if I have the mobile in my hand, I rang before about it and I don't know what they did but it worked, now it's off again.  What do I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @gjbrent thanks for your reply, sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you.

Do you know if it is just your Wife's phone that this is impacting now, or do you know if there's a link between the networks for example? You'd mentioned in your original post that it was some mobiles, so does the link seem to be the fact that the mobiles are the same network perhaps?

Please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gjbrent,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and the Virgin Media, sorry to hear you are unable to calls Mobiles Via your Virgin Landline, was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any reason why you cannot make Mobile calls.

Can you mall any other numbers?

Regards

Paul.

It is strange, I can call my own mobile but if I try to call the wife's mobile I just get an engaged tone all the time, I have checked and the number isn't blocked, any idea why this might be happening 

Hi @gjbrent thanks for your reply, sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you.

Do you know if it is just your Wife's phone that this is impacting now, or do you know if there's a link between the networks for example? You'd mentioned in your original post that it was some mobiles, so does the link seem to be the fact that the mobiles are the same network perhaps?

Please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Both myself and my wife are on tesco mobile, just hers we can't ring, I've checked her phone and the number isn't blocked so not sure what is happening.  I tried ringing a friend on O2 and it connected fine

Hi @gjbrent 👋

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can we ask when you are calling the number in question, do you get any automated messages or unique tones. Have you tried any other network than Tesco and O2?

Sabrina

When  calling my wife's phone I get the engaged tone even though I have the phone in my other hand

Can you wife receive calls from other numbers okay @gjbrent 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes no problems 

Hi @gjbrent thanks for your reply.

Okay, so can you please reboot your Hub if you are connected to the 21CV network and please let us know if this works?

Also, can you please try to change the adapter from TEL 1 to 2 or vice versa please?
Many thanks

Tom_W