Menu
urgenthelp
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

URGENT HELP REQUIRED FOR VULNERABLE ILL CUSTOMER

Can someone please help urgently , my parents cannot get a dial tone on their virgin landline, they are almost 80 and my dad is seriously ill with cancer waiting for calls from doctors, hospitals and his oncologist,.

I do not live near, this has been since about 3-4pm yesterday. The message was number unavailable at first now 5 the 3 short beep when I call. I asked them to re-set router but nothing they still have broadband - checked all connections and plugs, phones only 3 months old

They only have a pay as you go mobile and a virgin mobile with basic minutes , been on hold forever with customer service, after 45 minutes mum got through last night but they wanted account number before would help her , by the time she got it the advisor had hung up

This is urgent , they are at risk and need their phone I do not know who else to try to help . Friends and family cannot call regularly now to check they are OK

0 Kudos
urgenthelp
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED FOR VULNERABLE ILL CUSTOMER

Oh and the website does not help - put the postcode in to check service status and goes to ask for phone number put that in and it loops back to postcode!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi urgenthelp,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear that your parents don't have a dial tone on their landline.

Can I ask when they pick up the phone, that it's completely silent and whether this is the same when trying a different phone and socket?

Is the phone currently connected to a wall socket or to the back of the Hub?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
urgenthelp
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa it is connected to a wall socket and completely silent and the same with other sockets

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Let me send you a Private Message so I can grab some details from you so I can take a look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
urgenthelp
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all help much appreciated , they are desperate and worried 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Julia for the information via Private Message.

I've checked their account and can see that a fault ticket was raised for the landline issue and that a member of our faults team looked into it. I can't see notes as to why it went down however I've checked the switch to make sure it's on and can confirm that the number is fully datafilled and there should be no problems.

However please do let us know if there are issues with the landline so we can check again.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
urgenthelp
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lisa

Everything seems to be working fine now

Thanks for your help

Julia

0 Kudos
urgenthelp
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED FOR VULNERABLE CUSTOMER !!!!! EMERGENCY

Lisa 

This has happened again, parents phone line down since 5pm last night. No dial tone from their end and I get engaged tone  when call

Please help as Dad is terminally ill with constant carers and doctors calling so need landline and also in case of emergency medical assistance

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED FOR VULNERABLE CUSTOMER !!!!! EMERGENCY

Hi urgenthelp,

Very sorry to hear this, I've been through diagnostics and it's something I'm going to need to arrange an engineer for. Is this something you/ them would be comfortable with? 

To reassure you, we’re asking our technicians to confirm they don’t have flu-like symptoms, aren’t self-isolating, and haven’t been to high-risk areas. If they answer yes, they won’t visit your home.

Let me know and I can pop you over a private message to arrange. 

Alex_Rm