Menu
wokelly
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

UNABLE TO CONTACT VIRGIN

DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO CONTACT VIRGIN AT THE MOMENT? THEY DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONES. THE LIVE CHAT SERVICE IS DEAD. THE PACKAGE-CHANGE WINDOW COMES UP AS 'OOPS'? I HAVE SENT THREE MESSAGES THROUGH THE COMPLAINTS FORM SECTION WITH NO RESPONSE. ALL I WANTED WAS TO CANCEL A CHEAP PHONE DEAL THING... THANK GOD IT ISN'T SOMETHING SERIOUS. WHAT THE [REMOVED] IS GOING ON??????

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Pinchattr
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: UNABLE TO CONTACT VIRGIN

Yeah, their customer service is not the best, I remember I had problems with my internet and was on the phone for hours with some indian bloke telling me the same generic information...

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi wokelly, thanks for posting.

I am sorry you're having issues getting through to our teams.  Are you looking to cancel your landline package or mobile?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
wokelly
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So I pretended to want to cancel my Virgin and they transferred me to the customer services where a very helpful lady cancelled my no-longer-used international phone deal. Sadly, she also cancelled my Sky Sports deal. So I rang back through the houses and got a Scottish lady who reset my Sky deal and said I was unable to cancel the phone deal until the Sky deal had finished in August - you cannot cancel one part separately?????? Then I got a message thanking me for my NEW Sky Sports deal.... The ACTUAL question was : Why does my phone tell me to go to virginmedai.com/packagechange - which has a message : OOPS, Please ring Virgin customer services - which has a message: please go to website - which has a message : go to phone, etc............... Do I need to purchase a carrier pigeon?

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No and I am sorry it has been such a long journey to get such a simple request actioned.  Do you wish me to take a look at your account from here?  Just for clarity?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
wokelly
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Clarity, would be marvellous. I believe the problem was with the initial phone calls automatically going to overload.The other parts of this (very minor, but very annoying) drama snowballed from this moment. I still find it weird that a multi-billion dollar international conglomerate with 14 million UK customers does not have a comprehensive customer services program in place - whatever the prevailing conditions.

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Apologies again for any bad experience wokelly - rest assured your feedback will be passed on. Just to be clear we're not able to process package changes/cancellations via the community but we'll be happy to help clear things up with regards to your account. Just look out for my PM please (the purple envelope) and get back to me when you can so we can investigate further. 

Tom 

0 Kudos