cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two landline phones

sabine0412
Just joined

Hi.

tbh I’m a bit sick of this lark of having to have your landline through the internet but not a lot I can do about it.

my question is this, I have my phone plugged into the hub which is upstairs, definitely not ideal so I bought just a cheap phone to keep upstairs and our original phone I thought I could just plug into the socket back in the living room but it doesn’t work. Anyone know why?

2 REPLIES 2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sabine0412,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

We recognise that some people will have some concerns about the switchover however this is something that is happening with all providers. 

As your services have now been migrated, copper services will have been switched off so you will not be able to plug your phone back into the socket unfortunately. 

You can view everything you need to know about the switchover here
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

am i getting this right - the downstairs phone point was the original install with a phone box on the wall - if thats correct then that will have been turned off when the landline via the hub was activated

you would need to connect that downstairs point as an extension to the upstairs connection

vm do a wall box with a short lead that plugs into the hub - they may offer to fit one for free or they may see it as a non fault call out and want to charge you £25 - i would have thought @Ayisha_B might have offered a free tech visit as its VM who have caused this

if they want £25 - which would be a rip off in this case then all the parts are available via ebay or the like - once you have the wall box near the hub you would need to connect the downstairs phone point to it - that a cable between the 2 boxes and 2 wires connected - they are usuall marked 3 and5

Tony.
Sacked VIP