Menu
bc149
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Two landline phones

Hi, I have a Hub 3.0 which has two sockets in the back for landline connection.  However, only the top one currently works. Is it possible to connect/activate the bottom one - I wish to connect both a cordless phone and a more attractive looking traditional phone directly into the hub?  Many thanks. 

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two landline phones

I don't have one of the VoIP lines from VM yet, but I am going to guess that the 2nt port is for second number.

A 2 line splitter should do what you want/need.

It should cost you £3 or less delivered.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two landline phones

The second socket on the hub is totally separate, & is reserved for a second landline (you can have up to two on your account).

You need a standard telephone splitter on the existing line. The service is not VoIP, with voice traffic carried on a separate radio frequency from your internet connection. 

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos