Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Turn off landline voicemail without calling 150 (no physical phone)

Hi! I'm a new customer but don't plan to use the landline, so I'd like to turn off voicemail. I would dial 150 and ask Customer Services to turn it off but I don't even have a physical phone to make the call with. Is this not possible online on my account page?

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Turn off landline voicemail without calling 150 (no physical phone)

Hi JimmyArctic,

Thanks for posting.

In order to remove a feature like this then I would recommend giving our customer care team a call.

You can reach the team on 150 from any Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and they'll be happy to help.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rose. Hadn't realised there was a landline version of 150. All sorted.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I want to deactivate my landline voicemail service. I have tried to do it twice by phoning 150. The firat time Iwas cut off after 20 munutes of talking to someone I couldnt understand. The second time I was waiting ages to connect. Can someone please help with this as I have a new answerphone and no longer need voicemail.

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iaj57

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your service lately. 

I'd be happy to help with this request, if you've not been able to get through to the team to request it. I'll send you information regarding it in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Turn off landline voicemail without calling 150

please can our landline voicemail (1571) be switched off? Phoning 150 is too time-consuming and I would appreciate your help please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi EMS400

Phoning 150 is by far the most time efficient way to request this, but if you've not been able to get through to the team for whatever reason I'll be able to request this for you. 

I'll send you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to turn mine off sine October. have intermittent pulse dial  noise but no message and service not set up

CS inform me I need a service engineer to come to the house to compete stayed in all day last Saturday and no show.

I cant get a visit when I'm home until next year got to phone back in December to see if they can then arrange for Feb.

what a joke .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi lindon-p

Welcome to our community forums, This would be quicker to call 150, If you would prefer to do it here, please let me know 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I tried 150 unable to help until Next year need to call bsck in January 

0 Kudos